The following “Outdoor Calendar” includes the dates for very popular flower/tree blooms, autumn leaves, & other beautiful natural places.
Locations are NOT limited to the following places! Let me know if you know a place!
**NOTE on scheduling with children/babies under 6 years old…
Most children/toddlers/babies are happiest and most cooperative in the mornings.
For children under 6, Studio or Summer outdoor mornings are typically best. But, some kids do great with early evening outdoors.
Other than Summer, mornings outside can be quite chilly and kids can’t hide their discomfort with the cold on their face. Anything under 60 degrees is a risk. And of course, I am working with the best lighting from the sun and the later/warmer it gets, the harsher the light, which is least advised.
You know your child best but wanted to share that “expert advice” with you.
Please see FAQs at the bottom for a note about “Outdoor VS. Studio” sessions.
Old Car City
November 7 – March 12
Close at 4pm. Session time is about 3pm
+$60 Entry fee (includes photographer & 1 client)
+$20 for anyone not having photos taken.
The Plyler Place
West Woodstock near the lake
Glass Greenhouse, Lake, Dock, rowboat, Stream,
Holiday Setups, Vintage Trucks & Tractor, Branch Arch
Autumn | Sept. 15 – Thanksgiving
- Do you want an outdoor sessions and have children under 6?: Littles are usually best in the mornings with comfortable temps. May and October are best for this, give or take...might get away with late April, early June, and late September. If you need a weekend, the "perfect" time is limited to approximately 14 appointment times. Please plan ahead.
- Weather: If inclement weather occurs, more than 40% chance of rain or uncomfortable temperatures (less than 55 degrees or more than 85 degrees), I will offer any open dates/times to you for rescheduling or we can move into the studio. In some cases, your session time could change depending on weather and sunlight. I will confirm your appt. before and discuss any weather issues or possible time changes.
- More on Weather: Temps between 60 and 80 are ideal. Can go as low as 50 if it is only adults. Winds no higher than 8mph are ideal. I enjoy shooting on cloudy AND sunny days. They have different feels to them but I don't reschedule due to cloud cover.
- Outdoor VS. Studio: Just a quick comment on this... outdoor sessions are inflexible in scheduling....we are relying on ideal temperatures, blooms, and wind speeds. I only schedule outdoor sessions once/day (magic hour.... just after sunrise or just before sunset). When babies or toddlers are involved, magic hour could be after their bedtime or in the morning when the temps are still much too frigid. Rescheduling due to weather issues is a common occurrence. If your schedule isn't very flexible, sometimes it is hard to reschedule for an ideal time. I love doing outdoor sessions but they can be difficult to nail down. Studio is a very comfortable & reliable type of session and there are always beautiful results.
- Portrait sessions are all-inclusive and do not require any additional purchase. The digital images provided are 1800x1200.
- I have back up equipment
- I am insured
- Retainers: Required to secure your date & time. 24 notice is required to avoid losing your retainer. Bad weather and illness happen. We will work together to find a suitable new time for your session or move indoors.
- The number of proofs from your session will depend on what we are shooting, how many people, how much fun everyone is having, our specific goals, etc.
- When the littles don't cooperate: Sometimes they won't smile no matter what I do. This is part of the nature of children.